Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Adventures of a Brain(slightly damaged)

So, I messed up... On several things, but most the most important being that I signed up for orientation at Washburn on June 10th, then thought I signed up for June 24th, and missed it. Life Fail. Then, when I received another letter about signing up, I went to do it, and found that the 24th is full. So now I have to remember July 8th, and that shouldn't be difficult, but it probably will be. Also, it's the second to the last orientation date, which most likely means I will have a smaller choice of classes from which to pick. Ugh. I also totally spaced on telling work about the dates I'm volunteering at Civitan Camp, so now I have to deal with being scheduled to work when I'm also scheduled to volunteer. I'm sure it will all work out, but it is beyond frustrating. The other day, I was having a text conversation with a friend, got interrupted, and completely forgot I had been texting the friend, which meant that in the middle of an important talk, I just didn't reply. Friend Fail. My brain is just shorting regularly. Yet another example is that today is Father's Day. I was supposed to get a card earlier in the week(I already gave him his gift, a new case for his brand new phone), I spaced and so while the parents were at church, I was to go get one . I woke up with a headache and the task fled my mind. I finally made it out and picked them up, but it was close. There isn't much that can be done to improve my brain function, other than daily use of Lumosity.com, and I am getting increasingly frustrated with the sieve that is my brain. So to those in my life, I am sorry.I am sorry that daily and special tasks just drop out of my mind. I am especially sorry if what I was supposed to do a nd forgot to do negatively impacted you or your day. It's not at all my intention to crap on the people I love. It's just the way my brain is now and we can only hope that in 5 years(holy CRAP that's a long time from my point of view), like the neuropsychologist said, it will get better. We can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment